A legal fight by soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo against a Nevada woman who wants more than the $550,000 AUD she received in a rape case hush-money settlement in 2010 should be decided by an arbitrator, not in a courtroom, a US magistrate judge said Tuesday. P olice in Las Vegas have reopened a rape investigation into Cristiano Ronaldo after his accuser claimed she was breaking a non-disclosure agreement. Kathryn Mayorga, a former model, claims the footballer raped her in a hotel penthouse suite in the city in 2009. Ronaldo has denied the allegation.
Cristiano Ronaldo is firing back against allegations he raped a woman at a Vegas hotel back in 2009 -- saying, 'Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.' Evan from TMZ Sports breaks down what we know so far. Cristiano Ronaldo rape accuser 'screamed No, No, No as he attacked her' say court papers filed in US which football star calls 'fake news' Kathryn Mayorga claims in court papers filed in Las Vegas she was raped in 2009; Footballer denied claims and implied 'victim' was using his name for promotion The attorney for Kathryn Mayorga, the woman who has filed a rape lawsuit against Cristiano Ronaldo, has claimed the case has not been dropped. Ronaldo has denied the allegations made by Ms Mayorga that she was raped by the Juventus star in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009. Las Vegas police reopened their case last year at the request of Ms Mayorga.
The Las Vegas police investigated the reopened case for nine months, including requesting DNA evidence from Ronaldo, while Mayorga’s lawyers struggled to serve him a summons in the civil case. The investigation and the legal jeopardy faced by Ronaldo led Juventus to play friendlies this summer in Asia instead of touring the United States. Mr. Ronaldo, a Portuguese wing and five-time world player of the year, plays in Italy for the powerhouse club Juventus. “The LVMPD is taking the same steps in this case as in any other sexual assault to facilitate the collection of DNA evidence,” Laura Meltzer, a spokeswoman for the Las Vegas police, said in a statement.
What Ronaldo not being charged means for rape case. The Clark County District Attorney's office announced it will not be pursuing criminal charges against Cristiano Ronaldo in connection with an alleged rape in 2009, but the legal battle isn't over just yet for the Juventus and Portugal star. What were the rape claims against Cristiano Ronaldo? American model Kathryn Mayorga claimed the £100million Juventus star raped her in a Las Vegas hotel room when she was 25 and working in Rain nightclub inside the Palms Casino Resort. Mayorga, who is now 34,. Cristiano Ronaldo, who is still facing a civil rape case in Las Vegas, said in an interview this week that he felt 'embarrassed' by the allegations against him. The pending civil case by Kathryn Mayorga alleges conspiracy, defamation, breach of contract, coercion and fraud. Her complaint seeks unspecified monetary damages greater than $50,000.
Image copyright Reuters Image caption Cristiano Ronaldo has branded the rape allegation 'fake news' The lawyer said that Ronaldo has 20 days to respond to Ms Mayorga's lawsuit. Her legal team are considering releasing documents linked to the case, including the initial police report and medical records. How has Ronaldo responded? Cristiano Ronaldo is 'calm' as rape case goes forward, says Juventus coach. Las Vegas police said in a statement that an official request has been submitted to Italian authorities for a DNA sample from the player. Cristiano Ronaldo looks on from the bench prior to a match on Dec. 26, 2018.
Cristiano Ronaldo won’t face criminal charges after a woman accused the soccer star of raping her in his suite at a Las Vegas resort more than 10 years ago, the city’s top prosecutor said Monday. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department confirms that it has re-opened the rape investigation into Cristiano Ronaldo. They say: “As of September 2018, the case has been reopened and our detectives are following up on information being provided by the victim.” — James Beal (@JamesSBeal) October 1, 2018
Lawsuit dismissal doesn't close Ronaldo rape case. Much was made of the dismissal of Kathryn Mayorga's lawsuit against Cristiano Ronaldo in Nevada state court, but a closer look reveals a federal case that was opened in January and a police investigation that remains active. Cristiano Ronaldo's DNA was matched to evidence in the Las Vegas rape case and he told his lawyers his accuser had told him to 'stop,' leaked emails claim. In a tranche of emails between police and prosecutors during the investigation, detective Jeffrey Guyer wrote: 'DNA is back and is a match,' The Sun reported. Cristiano Ronaldo will be summoned for his alleged rape of Kathryn Mayorga in 2009. Here's what you need to know about the allegations and timeline of events.
Cristiano Ronaldo is facing a new legal battle over allegations that he raped a woman at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009. The women, Kathryn Mayorga, is challenging a non-disclosure agreement from her settlement with the Juventus star. Why was Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape? On Friday June 12, 2009, Cristiano Ronaldo met Kathryn Mayorga in a nightclub of Palms Casino resort in Las Vegas. They went back to Ronaldo’s penthouse in Hotel Palms Place, and it is there that Mayorga claims Ronaldo raped her. Ronaldo says they had consensual sex.
All the latest news about Ronaldo rape allegation from the BBC. Homepage. Accessibility links. Skip to content;. The German magazine which has reported Cristiano Ronaldo's alleged rape of Kathryn Mayorga says key documents used in its story are 'authentic'.. Cristiano Ronaldo rape claim case reopened. Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will not face rape charges in Las Vegas based on allegations from 10 years ago.
She has alleged Ronaldo assaulted her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009. On Wednesday, one of Mayorga’s lawyer emphasized the case had only been dropped at state level so that it could be moved to federal court. Mayorga’s lawyers have said it has been difficult to serve papers for the state lawsuit to Ronaldo as he lives in Europe. Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape - details of the case - It was the summer of 2009, the year Cristiano Ronaldo left Manchester United to join Real Madrid, becoming, in turn, the most expensive player in the world, worth a whopping €94 million.
The Las Vegas Metro Police Dept. reopened the case -- but so far, no charges have been brought against the soccer star. Ronaldo has previously denied the allegations-- saying back in 2018, 'Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.' A rape lawsuit against Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo in Nevada state court that made headlines last year has been quietly dropped, but his accuser is now pursuing her claims in federal court. CASE DROPPED: Cristiano Ronaldo will not face rape allegations (Image: GETTY) The police department then filed a request for prosecution to the District Attorney’s office earlier this month, on July 8. But the office today announced they have dropped the case again because the allegations 'cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt'.
It’s a story that has the potential to shake the sports world to its core: Cristiano Ronaldo – a five-time Ballon d’Or winner and one of the greatest footballers of our time – has been accused of rape. The explosive allegation, made by Kathryn Mayorga, 34, threatens to engulf Ronaldo in a lengthy legal battle – the outcome of which. Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation: police reopen investigation into 2009 claim This article is more than 1 year old.. “As of September 2018, the case has been reopened and our detectives are following up on information being provided by the victim. Juventus president Andrea Agnelli is standing by Cristiano Ronaldo as the superstar faces an accusation of rape in the United States. Agnelli, the son of former Fiat CEO Umberto Agnelli and a member of the Italian car maker's board, spoke Thursday at a club shareholders meeting in Turin and threw his support behind the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.
One of the world's top soccer stars, Cristiano Ronaldo, was benched by his national team Thursday. The move comes amid rape accusations being made against hi... He considers rape to be an abominable crime and clearly reaffirms that he is innocent of what he is being accused of. I know Cristiano well and I fully believe he would not commit a crime like that.” How nice for Ronaldo for people to believe him because he works hard and people are familiar with his persona. Nike has said it is 'deeply concerned' by rape allegations against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. The US sportswear giant - which has a contract worth a reported $1bn (£768m) with Ronaldo - said it would 'continue to closely monitor the situation', the Associated Press reports. EA Sports, which also has a contract with Ronaldo, made similar.
Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer has released a statement claiming documents regarding rape allegations are 'complete fabrications.' Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer has released a statement claiming documents regarding rape allegations are 'complete fabrications.'. The lawyer of Kathryn Mayorga, the woman who has accused Cristiano Ronaldo of raping her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009, will travel to London to interview a woman who claims to be the soccer star's ex-girlfriend.
Cristiano Ronaldo continues to make his fans happy on the field. Off of it, however, things aren't looking so bright: A woman has accused him of raping her in 2009, and there is an extremely sensitive document that supports her story. His lawyers say it is a fabrication. Is it? By DER SPIEGEL Staff A young woman claims that Cristiano Ronaldo raped her. Following the publication of a report on the allegations, the Real Madrid player's agency dismissed the story as 'journalistic fiction.' But DER SPIEGEL has evidence indicating that Ronaldo was privy to negotiations with the American.
CRISTIANO Ronaldo allegedly raped an American woman and then told her 'sorry, I'm usually a gentleman', according to court papers filed in Las Vegas. The ex-Manchester United forward, the world's most famous footballer, has categorically denied the rape allegations made against him, calling it 'fake news'. Kathryn Mayorga, 34, claims Ronaldo. Christiano Ronaldo was also accused of rape in a separate incident in 2005 at a London hotel. He was arrested and questioned by Scotland Yard, but the case was dropped over insufficient evidence. “The #MeToo movement was very important to Kathryn and her decision to consult with us and to go forward in this case,” Stovall said.
Image copyright AFP/Getty Image caption Ronaldo has branded the rape allegation 'fake news' Police in Las Vegas have reopened a sexual assault investigation from 2009 at the request of a woman who has alleged she was raped by Cristiano Ronaldo. Excerpts of the introduction paragraph in our piece read: “[…] the German newspaper published a long article regarding an alleged rape case involving Cristiano Ronaldo and an unnamed woman back in 2009 […] “coincidentally” published two days after Ronaldo’s heroics at the Allianz Arena. Next: Ronaldo is a champion again, and we all pretend it didn’t happen. This is, of course, the Kobe Bryant scenario. Kobe Bryant was accused of a rape back in July 2003 as vicious and ghastly as Ronaldo’s, but the case was dropped when the victim refused to testify after an aggressive and bullying strategy by Kobe’s lawyers.
Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer in America, Peter S. Christiansen, releases a statement reiterating the player's denial of the rape allegations made against him. Read more: Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer says rape allegations are based on 'fabricated documents' that may have been sold to the media by a cyber criminal Cristiano Ronaldo Won't Be Charged In Vegas Rape Case Cristiano Ronaldo Won't Be Charged In Vegas Rape Case. 3K; 202 7/22/2019 11:22 AM PT Breaking News. Getty. Prosecutors have announced they will NOT file criminal charges against soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo for an alleged sexual assault from 2009. As we previously reported.
A woman has accused Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the world's biggest soccer stars, of raping her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009. Ronaldo rape charges dropped . Image 1 of 2. In the clear: Cristiano Ronaldo .. 'The club has fully supported Cristiano Ronaldo throughout this difficult time and is pleased that the case has now been closed,' the statement read. Video game publisher Electronic Arts expressed concern about the rape allegations against soccer star and “FIFA 19” cover athlete Cristiano Ronaldo on Friday. “We have seen the concerning report that details allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo,” EA Sports told the Associated Press.
This is a thread about the rape allegations vs. @Cristiano: About our research @derSpiegel, about Ronaldo's reaction and a little insight into why the alleged victim Kathryn Mayorga speaks out about the case nine years later. Attorneys for Kathryn Mayorga, the American woman who has accused Cristiano Ronaldo of rape after an encounter in 2009, have announced that a 'summons has been issued and we have sent the summons and complaint for service' to the Juventus star. Cristiano Ronaldo has hired the attorney David Chesnoff, who has built a reputation as a 'lawyer to the stars', after police in the United States this week re-opened an investigation into rape allegations against the 33-year-old.